Studio Barre Summer Must-Haves
Happy summer, Studio Barre “tuckers!” We appreciate all of you who continue to come into the studio and get your tuck on – even when it’s 80 degrees and sunny outside! To welcome this warmer weather, we have prepared a list of our ultimate summer must-haves so that you can look AND feel your best this season.
1. Brooke swears by this stuff, go to the beach with her anytime and she’s sure to have at least one in her beach bag…smells and feels great, and gets the job done!
Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock SPF 45
Neutrogena.com says: Wear sunscreen every day to protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun. Apply generous amounts of sunscreen, especially when you are active outdoors. Reapply often after swimming, perspiring, or using a towel and always choose a sunscreen that offers an SPF (sun protection factor) of 30 or higher.
2. Sick of your mascara melting, having to curl lashes day after day, and still not loving the results you get? Our own Shannon Higgins swears by her new BFFs, lash extensions from Blink Lash Boutique.
*Offer valid until July 28th. May not combine this offer with any other offer or promotion. Upgrade price is in addition to regular touch up price. Space is limited to booking availability so call now to scheduleBlink-boutique.com says: Save time and put away that mascara. Treat yourself to any full set application of Eyelash Extensions and get $50 off any set. Or for those who already are flashing fabulous Blink Extensions, upgrade to the next level up for only $25 (regularly $50).
3. If you can’t tone it, tan it! Ok, well this saying doesn’t really apply to Studio Barre devotees, but say you wanna get bronzed without worrying about sun damage. We have the perfect solution: Airbrush Tanning by Tan in the Raw.
Company founder, Lindsay Turmelle, took her first Studio Barre class about a year ago, and has been hooked ever since! Many of the instructors have had Linsday spray tan them for special events, and there have been nothing but rave reviews. Don’t worry, you won’t be orange, streaky or smelly. Try it out!
Contact Lindsay at: 1.888.627.8207 or email@example.com
4. It takes a lot of energy to look good, so you’ve probably worked up an appetite by now. If you’re sick of almonds and green apples, or just want to try something different while you’re at the studio, we will soon be carrying Earnest Eats bars. Here’s their story: wheat-free, vegan, delicious, convenient, sustainable, fresh, and heart healthy. The bars are made with almond butter so they are super moist, never dry like some other bars out there. No additives, powders or fillers. YUM!
5. One last summer must-have: a delicious adult beverage. C’mon, you know we like to booze it up around here – in the healthiest way possible, of course! This concoction comes from our Studio Barre fanatic and yogini, Heidi Schubert. You will need:
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges
- 3 springs fresh mint
- 2 oz. (60 ml) vodka or rum
- Ice for serving
- 4 oz. (120 ml) club soda
Place the lime wedges, mint and cucumber into a glass
Muddle the ingredients inside the glass with a muddler or with the back of a spoon
Fill glass with ice
Add vodka or rum
Top with soda water
*this recipe would be great as a “mocktail” too, just eliminate the alcohol!
Well, there you have it. A few more things to add to your already amazing life this summer! See ya at the barre – or on the beach!